When it comes to experiencing the best of the best in travel, it’s about who you know – and a Virtuoso travel advisor will connect you to the world. Some perks of using a travel advisor instead of booking on your own include:
- Personalized Planning: the trips and experiences you want (and unforgettable moments you didn’t know were possible)
- Travel Perks for Virtuoso hotels: from hotel room upgrades to complimentary breakfasts and spa treatments and more
- VIP Access: See the Sistine Chapel after hours, skip the lines at Angkor Wat, explore the Galapagos Islands with a third-generation naturalist guide…
- Insider Knowledge: thanks to my own travels and personal relationships with Virtuoso partners around the globe, Virtuoso travel advisors take trip recommendations well beyond the expected and mundane.
- Peace of Mind: Leave the logistics to me and rely on your advisor for insight and support every step of the way. Last-minute cancellations, border closures, unexpected changes – travel advisors have you covered, now more than ever.
My time is valuable… just like yours. I charge a non-refundable retainer (I call it a Custom Travel Planning fee) to cover my research, planning and booking if you’d like me to plan your entire trip, start to finish. The retainer means I am working for you and will guide you to the experience I think best fits what you want, not whoever will pay me the most commission.
A few notes about commission: most suppliers (like hotels and tour companies) pay me commission. You don’t pay extra to book through me and, in fact, many times I can work with my partner to match the rates you may see online and offer extra benefits. (And, just so you know… if you book through Hotels.com or another online booking site, the website gets the commission. You’re not paying any extra to me!). But, rest easy: I never seek out the highest-paying commission because your long-term relationship (and knowing that you’re a good fit for the property or tour I recommend) is way more important to me. My main goal is to create a relationship with you to keep you coming back for more trips.
Custom Travel Planning
Once we’ve completed our Discovery Call and we’ve determined we’re a good fit, I charge a retainer (also known as a Custom Travel Planning fee) to research, plan and book your entire trip. This retainer is non-refundable because it covers my time spent researching your destination and booking for all aspects of your trip, including:
- 30-Minute Initial Trip Consultation via phone or Zoom
- Suggested destinations
- Initial research of destinations
- Flight suggestions, planning, booking and flight monitoring (if you want to pay with miles, there’s an extra fee)
- Accommodation recommendations
- Transport logistics: planes, trains, car, ferry, subway, etc.
- Suggested tours
- Suggested activities
- Trip insurance recommendations
- Travel health review
- Currency and banking preparations
- Cell phone recommendations when traveling internationally
- Packing lists and tips to prepare
- Passport & Visa information
- Trip financing and payment recommendations
Depending on your destination and length of trip, my Custom Travel Planning fee starts at $225 for up to 6 hours of collaboration, research and work.
Because my fee covers the initial consultation, research, and time spent on the proposal, this upfront fee is non-refundable and will be charged regardless of whether a client books a trip with me. When a client books a trip with me, this fee also covers management, booking, and travel support during the trip.
Ready to get started? Help me get to know you by answering a few questions below…
Once you’ve filled out the above questionnaire, I’ll be in touch to set up a complimentary phone call or Zoom meeting!
Please note: the most important way I get paid is through client referrals. I appreciate a referral so much that I am happy to offer you half off your next Custom Travel Planning fee if your referral turns into a new client for me!
À la carte Options
In addition to the full trip planning experience, I also offer individual services:
VIRTUOSO HOTEL-ONLY BOOKING: NO service fee
If you want to book your trip yourself but want to get access to Virtuoso benefits and other VIP perks at your hotel, I’m here to help.
MILES + POINTS AIRFARE BOOKING: Starts at $125/ticket
We love to see people making the most of their miles + points. When we travel personally, we always try to use at least a percentage of miles + points in our booking to help alleviate some of the costs.
But, booking flights with miles + points is hard. You may not know where to start or maybe you think you don’t have time to figure out the best deals.
We have in-depth knowledge and more than 10 years of experience in making the most of points. This service starts at $125 per ticket. The first step is letting us know what types of points you’re working with in the questionnaire linked below.
AIRFARE-ONLY BOOKING: $50+/person service fee
Starting at $50/person, my company’s air department can book your air tickets. The benefit to booking through our air department is if your flight is canceled or changed, you don’t have to stay on hold for hours (and hours) making the change: our air department can get you the best solution in the fastest time possible so you avoid any headaches and hassles.
* Please note: airfare booking and flight monitoring is included with every Custom Travel Planning fee.